BSc Computer Applications is a triple main undergraduate programme with Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics. The course covers all aspects of computer-related technology. This is career-oriented in nature, and is spread over 6 semesters. The Computer Science aims to provide students with a thorough grounding in the theoretical and practical aspects of the computer science discipline necessary for successful careers as system designers in the continually developing information technology environment. The prorgamme enables students to develop a strong foundation in Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Statistics through a flexible curriculum. Furthermore, the curriculum provides the basic knowledge in Data Science. The principles and techniques learned in the classroom develop a necessary maturity and soft skills essential for a successful career in information technology.
At the end of the programme a student should be able to:
- Pursue a successful professional career in the software industry, government, academia, research, or other areas where computer applications are deployed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in areas of Computer science such as, networking, web development, database queries, cyber security and software engineering.
- Develop programming skills, networking skills, learn applications, packages, programming languages and modern techniques of IT.
- Apply theoretical concepts to design and develop programs and develop industry-focused skills for a successful career.
- Acquire an understanding in advanced areas of mathematics and statistics.
Plus two – Science with Mathematics
MSc Computer Science, MCA, MSc Mathematics, MSc Statistics, MSc Data Science, MSc Machine Intelligence, MSc Cyber Security, MSc Data Analytics, MSc Geospatial Analytics.
Software engineer, Software tester, Junior programmer, Web developer